Monday 28 August 2017

Rental Car Review: 2015 Nissan Rogue Select -

002

When I was a child in the 0s, the "select" the word seemed to mean Something. Our city had 30,000 a selection of football team that has entertained more than a hundred children tryouts each year for five coveted spots. We a select baseball team a team that was so good that the future of major league player has been cut from it. To be considered "select" was among the most e lite of the elite. You had to be, you know ... selected.

Well, these days, "select" football teams are limited to the number of children whose parents can afford to write a check uniform. My little suburb now has five entries in the regional league football selection, and there are several other leagues that have arisen, as well. Anyone who wants to be "select", or more to the point, anyone whose parents wish that they had a child on football or basketball, "select" or the baseball team, may do it.

Therefore, it is logical that in today "You are all winners!" society that the worst vehicle I ever had the misfortune to drive is called "Select." to be more precise, it is called the Nissan Rogue Select.

For the 2014 model year, Nissan introduced a new version of its compact CUV, the Rogue. However, as he is prone to occur when new models are released, the MSRP of Snape slipped into the mid-twenties, leaving Nissan wit hout a player on the market of fleet and range of input crossover.

Never fear. The tools already exist for Nissan to continue to crank the old version of Rogue with little content Well call this the "Malibu" traditional approach. It is difficult to know to what extent this has been the sales point of view, that Nissan can not separate the Select Rogue regularly in his sales reports. However, the day of the winter Nebraska well when I was given a whole new Rogue Select with less than 1K on the clock as an "upgrade", the Select was available in abundance at the car rental counter.

It is at this point in most of the buff book examines they speak of the glorious local that the OEM has selected the preview release. Well, for my glamorous trip, I would drive from Omaha, Nebraska to Des Moines, Iowa on I-80 East and then back on I-80 West. Its all right. It is relatively flat. It is 117 miles. There is no light. There is almost no outputs. There is a lot of nothing. And w hen you think that most people who would consider buying a Rogue Select plan to do with it, it is a perfect testing ground.

Since I do not want to hurt anyone with feelings of Nissan, we will use the POP method (positive-chances-positive) review the Rogue Select

positive :.

At no time, I felt like the Select would break. It provided reliable transportation.

Fuel consumption was terrible. Although my trip was 100 miles of the road%, which should have returned about 28 MPG according to EPA, I averaged 24.2 MPG.

Hmmm ... give me a second. Im sure I can think of something else. Hmmm. Okay, I have nothing. Time to move opportunity part

Opportunity :.

Visibility was horrible. The pillar is positioned so that the Rogue Select manages to do something I had not experienced before in a car, it has a before blind spot. Parking became an adventure.

It took me a good two minutes to look to find the mirror side of the dial. It was not near mirrors, or on the center console, or near electric windows. No, he was right on top of the release of the hood.

012

The stereo sounds a bit like two tin cans tied together with string. Every adjustment I made to the EQ did worse. He was unable to understand how to read my iPhone 5S, either via USB or Bluetooth. I got this message every time I tried to use it.

011

Fortunately, however, you drown stereo whenever you use the accelerator and not in a good way. Select the protests vehemently every time the go pedal is used in the assault, and the sound of tires on the road is downright offensive.

There was no sitting I could find over four hours was even comfortable distance. There was a big bump in the middle of the back seat, which forced my 59 "frame into a sort of contortionist poses. I was too far for my legs or my arms too close, no matter what I was doing .

the CVT had real problems with things like "hills". at the slightest hint of a slope, the CVT faltered, forcing the engine to whine and complain to about 4500 RPM.

the cargo area was inadequate for a "suitcase 27.

in theory, it was AWD, but the button was cleverly located just below the setting windows did nothing when I pushed. Im sure it could be solved by reading the owners manual, but its function was not intuitive.

The color "Frosted Steel" from the outside was just plain offensive. I had not seen a car company ruin "Blue" until that point. I have now.

The wheel covers are the British accent automotive equivalent of Dick Van Dyke in "Mary Poppins." In other words, no one fooled.

010

the back seat was barely any roomier than you can find in other Nissan Versa offers it. I sat in the back for a second, just to check it out, and immediately I wanted out. Good for kids, but adults will claustrophobic hurry.

One would think a car this blade would have at least one great price, right? Nope. A 2015 Rogue Select, configured exactly like this, you run $ 23,255. Do you know what you could get for $ 23,255? You are a great away from a Chevrolet Equinox, which is light years ahead of this thing. Heck, youre only a few hundred dollars off of a Honda CR-V. You can buy this E-Class Wagon twice and a half! Oop s, wrong site. But you catch my drift, yo. For as terrible as this car is, you are not saving enough money around to make the suffering of value

Positive :.

Oh, dude, I have to find another positive now? Well, it had a USB port. Although it turned out to be completely useless for actually reading my iPhone, it will reveal not be suitable for the load. No, wait, I have another. The steering wheel buttons were intuitive and work well. Whew.

005

It would be one thing if the Rogue Select is available only for fleet / use of rental, but Nissan has the nerve to sell this thing as a sales unit to the retail public. If you could get one for $ 18K, I could maybe see a purpose for it as a Kia Soul fighter. However, at $ 20K and it is just light years behind its competitors, and literally model year or two behind, as well. The only thing this car should be selected for a Buy Here Pay Here lots in about three years.

This is the worst new car value in the market today, period.